About Sunshine Coast Industrial Park
Located in Caloundra, the park is the largest industrial estate on the Sunshine Coast.
Constructed on a 215 hectare site, the estate has 73 lots across 78 hectares of developed greenfield industrial land.
The park features:
- serviced lots
- high performance asphalt road pavements
- infrastructure for reticulated recycled water
- underground conduits for telecommunications, including fibre-optic cabling
- extensive maintained landscaping with native flora
- 40 hectares retained as open space and conservation areas
- gross pollutant traps, swales, wetlands and bio-filtration systems
- picnic huts for workers overlooking bushland
- an ecological corridor to link the estate with adjacent conservations areas
- land set aside for a small local business centre to provide for the needs of workers and visitors to the park.
With a recent spike of applications and settlements, the park is a hive of activity. A recent economic study (June 2016) revealed that the contribution to employment by Sunshine Coast Industrial Park is approximately 430 full time equivalent positions (FTEs), comprising 234 direct FTEs and 196 indirect FTEs. The most siginificant industry sectors in terms of contribution to employment are:
- transport, postal & warehousing: 135 FTEs
- manufacturing: 76 FTEs
- wholesale trade: 52 FTEs
- construction: 48 FTEs
- professional, scientific and technical services: 33 FTEs.
Sunshine Coast Industrial Park is estimated to contribute approximately $51.89 million (in 2016 dollars) to the SEQ economy. This contribution to Gross Regional Product (GRP) is comprised of approximately $28.26 million in direct contribution and approximately $23.63 million indirectly.
Source: Economic Associates, Economic Contribution of Sunshine Coast Industrial Park, June 2016.
Available developed land in portfolio:
Local government authority
Sunshine Coast Council
Land use/ Zone
Split into two distinct sections, the park includes a medium impact precinct and a high impact industry precinct, with land sizes from